ADB Scholarship 2023-2024 for students studying economics, business and management, science and technology, and other development-related fields are given out at designated institutions (DIs) in the Asia and Pacific region.
Eligible Criteria for ADB Scholarship 2023-2024
A bachelor’s degree or its equivalent and a superior academic record are required. Applicants from countries that are no longer borrowing from ADB are not eligible for the ADB-JSP Scholarship.
at least two (2) years of professional full-time work experience at the time of application, acquired after receiving a university degree.
ability to communicate effectively in both written and spoken English in order to pursue education.
at the time of application, no older than 35. In rare instances, the age limit for programs intended for senior officials and managers is 45 years old.
in excellent health.
should be willing to return to his or her home county after completing the Program’s studies.
The Scholarship is not open to Executive Directors, Alternate Directors, ADB management and staff, consultants, or their relatives.
The Scholarship is not available to AIT employees.
Candidates residing or working in a country other than his/her nation of origin are not qualified for the grants.
Candidates who are already enrolled in graduate degree programs are not supported by ADB-JSP.
Undergraduate studies, distance learning, short-term training, conferences, seminars, thesis writing, and research projects are not supported by ADB-JSP.
Selection Criteria for ADB Scholarship 2023-2024
- Priority over the AIT-proposed ranking or merit order.
- The applicants will not be chosen if they have less than two years of work experience.
- preference for female applicants.
- Priority given to applicants with lower financial capabilities.
- The annual income of a family should not exceed USD 50,000, and the annual income of an individual should not exceed USD 25,000.
- In principle, applicants who have previously studied abroad will not be supported by the Program.
- In principle, applicants who are pursuing a second MA will not be supported by the Program.
- It’s possible that applicants won’t be chosen if they apply at a designated institute (DI) in their home country.
- Each DI level and the Program as a whole will take into account nationality diversity.
- The Program encourages research in the infrastructure, environment, regional cooperation and integration, education, finance sector development, and core areas of ADB’s Strategy 2020 to reduce poverty.
- The ADB’s strategy for the year 2020, called Strategy 2020, lays out the bank’s long-term strategic course.
Details of the ADB Scholarship 2023-2024
University: Asian Institute of Technology (AIT)
Organization: ADB-JSP (Asian development bank-Japan scholarship program)
Duration: 0ne to Two years
Required Documents for the ADB Scholarship 2023-2024
The following documents are required for ADB Scholarship 2023-2024
- A copy of your degree certificate and a transcript from your four years of undergraduate study.
- You must also have an IELTS-Academic English proficiency score, as required by the AIT Language Center. 6 (composing and generally) or AIT EET ≥ 6.0, TOEFL ≥ 550).
- The employer provided a work certificate.’
- Statement of revenue Please provide the spouse’s income statement if you are married; otherwise, the ADB-JSP information sheet for the parent income statement.
Application Procedure for the ADB Scholarship 2023-2024
- The applicant should contact the selected DI (such as AIT) for application materials and information. To assist applicants in making an informed decision regarding the DI and course they wish to pursue, they are encouraged to access various resources, such as the DI’s website and handbooks, as well as DI information sessions held in-country.
- In order to be considered for the ADB-JSP Scholarship, applicants should inform AIT that they are applying for admission.
- The finished DI application structure and required documentation, including the ADB-JSP Data Sheet structure, ought to be submitted to AIT.
- It is imperative that applicants submit complete and accurate documentation. If the provided documentation or information turns out to be false in the future, your application may not be processed or your award may be canceled.
- The most recent Income Tax Return or Certification of their Annual Salary or Monthly Salary, whichever is available, must be submitted by applicants. They ought to likewise present a Confirmation of Family Pay (Parent’s Pay/Mate whenever wedded).
- In accordance with the ADB’s eligibility requirements and selection criteria, AIT will screen and rank applicants based on its own criteria. AIT may get in touch with the candidates to get more information during the evaluation process. After that, AIT will send ADB its ranked list of applicants, which will also include a description of the score/grading system that is used to rank applicants.
- Based on ADB’s selection criteria, ADB will examine AIT’s submission and recommend awardees to the Executive Director of Japan for formal approval.
- ADB will inform AIT of the successful candidates once they have received approval from the Executive Director of Japan.
- AIT will announce the results of the selection process to all applicants and begin making arrangements for the recipients to accept their scholarships.
- AIT will make arrangements for the awardee to sign the Acceptance of Scholarship Award, which stipulates that the scholars will return to their home nation after completing their studies.
Each scholar will receive an appropriate letter of congratulations from ADB.
ADB scholarship 2023-2024 Coverage
- tuition fees (actual costs)
- Subsistence Allowance, which includes a housing allowance (an agreed-upon flat allowance between each DI and ADB).
- Understudy Clinical and mishap protection (level remittance).
- Books (a one-time allowance that will be set by each DI and ADB).
- Air travel in economy class on the most likely direct route between the DI and the recipient’s home nation (actual costs).
- expenses unrelated to travel, such as fees for visas, taxes at airports, allowances for luggage, etc. a fixed amount).
- During the return trip to the home country, excess luggage up to 20 kilograms can be paid for (actual costs).
- The scholar’s research expenses can be covered by the thesis/research allowance, which can be used for things like photocopying, school supplies, typing and computer costs, postage, communications, binding costs, local travel costs, and out-of-town trip lodging. a set amount) Scholars are expected to have sufficient computer and language skills to complete their program. However, expenses incurred to improve language proficiency and computer literacy may be covered by the scholarship (actual costs) in exceptional circumstances where additional training is deemed necessary.
List of Eligible Countries ADB-JSP Scholarship 2023-2024
- Viet Nam
- Solomon Islands
- Papua New Guinea
- Marshall islands
- Kyrgyz republic
- Lao people’s Democratic Republic
- Federated states of Micronesia
- Cook Islands
Deadline for the ADB Scholarship 2023-2024
The last date to apply for ADB Scholarship is 31st march, 2023.