Australia Awards Scholarships 2023-2024 | Fully Funded
Fully Funded Australia Awards Scholarships 2023-2024
Australia Awards Scholarships 2023-2024 are now open for applications. Interested candidates can fill their applications online.
The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade is in charge of administering the Australia Awards Scholarships, which are long-term grants.
In accordance with bilateral and regional agreements, they intend to contribute to the development requirements of Australia’s partners.
They offer full-time undergraduate and postgraduate study at participating Australian universities and Technical and Further Education (TAFE) institutions to people from developing nations, particularly those in the Indo-Pacific region.
The study and research opportunities offered by Australia Awards Scholarships enable individuals to influence change and contribute to development in their own countries by enhancing their skills and knowledge.
Benefits of the Australia Awards Scholarships 2023-2024
AAS offers the following advantages to the scholarship winners.
- It will cover the full tuition fees
- Air travel back to back: one round-trip ticket in economy class to and from Australia via the shortest route
- The establishment allowance is a one-time payment meant to help pay for housing, textbooks, and other study materials.
- CLE, or Contribution to Living Expenses, is a fortnightly payment to cover basic living costs at a rate set by the department.
- Before beginning formal academic studies, students must complete the Introductory Academic Program (IAP), which provides information on living and studying in Australia.
- Overseas Student Health Coverage (OSHC) is provided for the duration of the award—only for award recipients—to cover the scholar’s basic medical expenses (with the exception of pre-existing conditions).
- Pre-course English (PCE) fees—if deemed necessary, students may be eligible for PCE for training in Australia or their home country.
- To ensure a student’s academic success or to enhance their academic experience, additional academic support may be available.
- Fieldwork may be available to eligible research students for one round-trip economy class airfare on the most direct route to their country of citizenship or within Australia (for research awards and Masters by coursework that have a research component where fieldwork is required).
Eligibility Criteria for the Australia Awards Scholarships 2023-2024
Those applicants who want to apply for Australia Awards scholarship 2023 should meet the following criteria:
- Should be familiar with English language
- Participants should belong to the one of the eligible countries listed below in this article.
- The minimum age should be 18 years not less than that while applying for the scholarship.
- not be an Australian citizen, not hold permanent residency in Australia, or not be applying for a visa to live permanently in Australia
- Should be a citizen of a eligible country (as listed on the Australia Awards website) and reside in the his own country while applying for the scholarship.
- During the application, selection, or mobilization phases, you must not be married to, engaged to, or a de facto of a person who holds or is eligible to hold citizenship or permanent residency in Australia or New Zealand (note: Cook, Niue, and Tokelau residents who hold New Zealand citizenship are eligible; however, they must apply for a Student visa (subclass 500);
- Not have received a long-term Australia Award before unless they have lived outside of Australia for twice as long as they were in Australia (for instance, a person who has been on an Australia Awards Scholarship in Australia for four years cannot apply for another Australia Awards Scholarship until they have lived outside of Australia for eight years).
- not currently be a member of the military.
- have met any specific requirements set by the Program Area or the government of the applicant’s country of citizenship (such as having worked for a certain amount of time in an appropriate field).
- To hold a Student Visa, you must be able to meet all of the Department of Home Affairs’ requirements. If the recipient is unable to meet the visa requirements, the Program Area may be forced to withdraw an award offer because of this.
- Be able to meet the requirements for admission at the institution where the award will be used. If the recipient cannot meet the requirements for admission, Program Areas may have to withdraw the offer of an award. This may not be known until certain institutions request placements from Program Areas).
- not be applying for a scholarship for a course of study at a lower academic level than they already hold (for instance, applying for a Master’s scholarship while already holding a PhD).
- In order for the application to be handled appropriately and openly, applicants must disclose any connections or relationships they may have with Program Area employees (including locally engaged post staff) or managing contractors.
Application Procedure for Australia Awards Scholarships 2023-2024
- Before applying: Read the Australia Awards Scholarships Policy Handbook if you plan to apply. Information on general eligibility requirements, selection procedures, entitlements, and responsibilities is provided in the handbook. Keep in mind that the handbook is subject to change at any time and without notice from the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade. Online applications are encouraged and permitted in some nations, while paper applications are required in others. For more details, see the profile of your participating nation.
- Online application: Navigate to the Australia Scholarships Information System (OASIS) online. In order to determine your eligibility, you will be asked a few questions when you register online. After that, you will receive a one-of-a-kind registration number, username, and password. Your application is not required to be submitted immediately. You have until the closing date listed on the relevant participating country profile to create a draft application form and update it as well as your supporting documentation.
- Your application cannot be changed after it has been submitted. Online applicants are strongly encouraged to submit their applications well in advance of the deadline. In the days leading up to the deadline, when OASIS is at its busiest, applicants may experience delays.
- If you need assistance, refer to the Applicant’s Online User Manual.
- You can still apply by mail if you are unable to do so online. For information on how to obtain a hard copy of the application and any other templates, such as referee reports (if necessary), please check your participating country profile.
Apply For TWAS-IsDB Postdoctoral Fellowship Program 2023-2024 | Fully Funded
List of Eligible Countries
- Marshall Islands
- Papua New Guinea
- Solomon Islands
- Federated states of Micronesia
- Wallis and Fatuna
- The Gambia
- South Africa
- Sierra leone
- Republic of Congo
You may be interested to apply for SHE Entrepreneurs Leadership Program 2023 | Fully Funded
Join our Facebook Group for Daily Updates
Participating Institutes in AAS scholarships 2023-2024
- Southern Cross University
- RMIT University
- Queensland University of Technology
- Murdoch University
- Monash University
- Melbourne Polytechnic
- Macquarie University
- La Trobe University
- Kangan Institute
- James Cook University
- Holmesglen Institute of TAFE
- Griffith University
- Flinders University
- Federation University
- Edith Cowan University
- Deakin University
- Curtin University of Technology
- Chisholm Institute of TAFE
- Charles Sturt University
- Charles Darwin University
- Central Queensland University
- Carnegie Mellon University
- Canberra Institute of Technology
- Bureau of Meteorology
- Box Hill Institute TAFE
- Bond University
- Aviation Australia
- Australian Catholic University
- William Angliss Institute of TAFE
- Western Sydney University
- Victoria University
- University of Wollongong
- University of The Sunshine Coast
- University of Technology Sydney
- University of Tasmania (including the Australian Maritime College)
- University of Southern Queensland
- University of South Australia
- University of Canberra
- University College London
- The University of Western Australia
- The University of Sydney
- The University of Queensland
- The University of Newcastle
- The University of New South Wales (including ADFA)
- The University of New England
- The University of Melbourne
- The University of Adelaide
- The Gordon Institute of TAFE
- The Australian National University
- Tasmanian Polytechnic
- TAFE SA
- TAFE Queensland
- Swinburne University of Technology
- TAFE NSW
Deadline of the Australia Awards Scholarships 2023-2024
The last date to apply for AAS is April 29, 2023.