IsDB-TWAS Postdoctoral Fellowships for Skills Building in Sustainability Science are tenable at centres of excellence in developing countries from around the world. Research institutes with a proven research track record and demonstrated competence in a subject that is relevant to sustainability science.
A host institute is to be selected by the candidate in accordance with the area of her research. In this scenario, TWAS and the scientific reviewers in charge of choosing awardees make an informed decision regarding the potential of the institute that is that is suggested by the applicant. In all instances the host institution must be situated in a developing nation. An example of a valid host centre is provided by the TWAS-CAS Centres of Excellence (https://twas.org/cas-twas-centres-excellence).
IsDB Postdoctoral Fellowships from TWAS are available for the minimum period of three months, up to the maximum of six months.
Through the Fellowship The selected researcher will receive an annual allowance that is that is based on the costs of living in the host country . This will cover costs like food, accommodation as well as health insurance.
The fellowship provides the possibility of a bench fee allowance that expenses up to USD2,600 to help with laboratory expenses that are essential to the recipient’s research.
The fellowship will pay for the cost of a round-trip airfare ticket for up to USD1,000. Other travel costs (e.g. transfer to the airport and local transportation) is the awardee’s charge.
Information regarding life conditions (e.g. transportation, accommodation and other aspects that relate to the stay of the candidate in the country of residence) is required to be requested directly from the institution hosting the candidate. The host institution cannot provide this information. TWAS nor IsDB are able to provide these details.
Research Areas at TWAS-IsDB postdoctoral Fellowship 2023-2024
The TWAS-IsDB postdoctoral fellowship provides financial support for the following subject field. You can apply if you have interest in any of these programs.
- Water and hygiene
- Microplastics and plastic pollution
- Green Chemistry
- Waste management
- Population Growth
- Sustainable Cities
- Responsible growth
- Climate Change
- Education for Sustainable development
- Sustainable development
Details of the TWAS-IsDB Postdoctoral Fellowship 2023-2024
Organization: The world academy of Sciences
Degree Level: Post-doctorate
Course Duration: 3 months to 6 months
Age Limit: Candidate must not be older than 45 years of age
Eligibility Criteria for TWAS-IsDB Postdoctoral Fellowship Program 2023-2024
Candidates for IsDB-TWAS Postdoctoral fellowships have to meet these requirements:
- You must hold the PhD degree in a field of research relevant to the research field of the Fellowship program.
- You must be between 45 and 45 years old as of the date application
- Should have at least 5 years’ work experience in the field research following the completion of the PhD
- Host Institutes should be located situated in an developing country that is on the list of countries.
- Send an official acceptance letter of the Host Institute
- You must be a citizen of and a resident of the ISDB LDMC in the list that is provided
- Work in an institution in her country of birth.
- Do not accept any other duties during the time of their fellowship
- Prepare a research program that is approved by their supervisor in the host
- Financially responsible for all relatives members who are traveling with you.
- Be self-sufficient in the matter of the application for visas or health insurance as well as housing in the host country.
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Rep.
- Taiwan, China
- Congo, Dem. Rep.
- Congo, Rep.
- Costa Rica
- Côte d’Ivoire
- Micronesia, Federated States of
- Palestine (West Bank and Gaza Strip)
- Papua New Guinea
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- Dominican Rep.
- El Salvador
- Eswatini, Kingdom of
- Guinea Equatorial
- Iran, Isl. Rep.
- Lao PDR
- São Tomé and Príncipe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Syrian Arab Republic
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Republic of Türkiye
- United Arab Emirates
Application Procedure to apply for TWAS-IsDB Fellowship 2023-2024
- the application must be made via online using the link at the right side of the page. Applications submitted using any other method are not considered.
- Applications will not be accepted after the date of the deadline. It is therefore recommended to submit your online application in the earliest time possible
- Complete applications are not considered.
- Note that a researcher can only submit one application at a given time and for only one type of fellowship or grant (i.e. either an IsDB TWAS Fellowship or a TWAS Research Grant or the OWSD Early Career Women Scientists (ECWS) Fellowship).
- If you have any questions, please send an email to email@example.com
Required Documents for the TWAS-IsDB postdoctoral Fellowship
- passport photocopy
- Medical certificate is required
- Recommendation letters from two refrees and their emails and contact information
- Photocopies of your academic transcripts and certificates
- English proficiency certificate from your host organization or you can also provide IELTS or TOFEL if Available but not compulsory at the time of online application
- proof of Academic or professional experience
- If you have any awards and recognition please provide a proof
Application deadline for TWAS-IsDB Postdoctoral Fellowship 2023-2024
The deadline for the applications closes on 6 March 2023.. We strongly suggest to not postpone the deadline, but submit your application as soon as you can in order for us to review your application as fast as you can.
You can also apply for
Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) 2023-2024
List of Top Scholarships in Canada 2023- 2024 | Fully Funded
KAIST Undergraduate Scholarship 2023-2024 in South Korea
List of Fully Funded scholarships 2023-2024