Brunei Government Darussalam Scholarship 2023-2024 | Fully Funded
Brunei Government Scholarship 2023
Brunei Government announced the Brunei Government Darussalam Scholarship 2023-2024 for all international students to study for free in Brunei. Brunei Government Scholarship is a fully-funded scholarship that covers all educational expenses and also pays a monthly salary/stipend to international students as their living allowance.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs is pleased to invite applications for the Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship under the above Scholarship Award Scheme for the 2023 academic session.
Tenable in Brunei Darussalam, the scholarship award provides applicants with the opportunity to undertake Diploma, Undergraduate Degree, and Postgraduate Master’s Degree at any one of the following institutions of higher education:
- Politeknik Brunei (PB)
- Universiti Brunei Darussalam (UBD)
- Universiti Islam Sultan Sharif Ali (UNISSA)
- Universiti Teknologi Brunei (UTB)
The classes for the winners of Brunei Government Scholarship 2022 will begin from August or September 2023
Brunei Darussalam Scholarship Eligibility
- Applications are open to citizens of, but not limited to, ASEAN, Commonwealth, and OIC member countries.
- The award is NOT eligible to Brunei Darussalam Permanent Residents.
- What is the age requirement to apply for the Brunei Government Darussalam Scholarship?
- Applicants must be, between the ages of 18-25 for Undergraduate and Diploma programs and must not exceed the age of 35 for Postgraduate Master’s Degree programs on the 31st July 2023.
Brunei Darussalam Scholarship Coverage and Benefits
The Brunei Government Darussalam scholarship recipient will be facilitated with the benefits of the scholarship as follows:
- Exemption from paying tuition fees including acceptance, examination, registration and orientation fees for the duration of the program
- An economy class air-ticket to Brunei Darussalam from the scholarship recipient’s country of origin/ country of domicile prior to the commencement of the course and an economy class air-ticket from Brunei Darussalam to the scholarship recipient’s country of origin/country of domicile upon completion of the course
- A monthly personal allowance of BND$500.00;
- A monthly meals allowance of BND$150.00;
- An annual book allowance of BND$600.00;
- Accommodation at the residential college of the University/ Polytechnic;
- Baggage allowance for shipment of the scholarship recipient’s personal effects to his country of origin/country of domicile upon completion of the programme, at a maximum amount of:
- BND$250.00 to a country within the ASEAN region; or
- BND$500.00 to a country outside the ASEAN region;
- Comprehensive insurance cover for the whole duration of the Scholarship. The scholarship recipient is urged to obtain additional insurance prior to his travel to Brunei Darussalam and for the whole duration of the Scholarship at his own expense.
Brunei Darussalam Scholarship Application Process
- Brunei Government Darussalam Scholarship application form can be downloaded and filled properly.
- Application forms must be duly completed and endorsed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the National Focal Point for scholarships of the applicant’s country.
- Applicants are required to also submit a security clearance statement from their National Security Agency(ies)/ Police Station (i.e. a statement/ report certifying that applicants are clear from any civil and criminal charges).
- Applicants applying to Universiti Brunei Darussalam must also complete an online application
- Incomplete application forms will not be considered.
- The closing date for the reception of completed application forms, together with certified copies of relevant certificates and documents is, not later than 1600 hrs (Brunei time) on July 31, 2023.
- An applicant may be required to appear for an interview at such place(s) as may be determined by the institutions offering the programs, and to sit a written examination to assess the applicant’s proficiency in the English/ Malay/ Arabic Language (where applicable).
- The Government of Brunei Darussalam reserves the right to reject any applications. The decision on the selection of candidates is final. Any disputes or inquiries pertaining to the decision made will not be entertained. Only successful applicants will be notified via email.
you can also apply for Swedish Institute (SI) Scholarships for Global Professionals
Bringing family is not allowed by Brunei Scholarship
A Brunei Government Scholarship recipient is not encouraged to bring any family members with him for the duration of the Brunei Government Scholarship. No marriage allowance nor child allowance is payable to the scholarship recipient and no accommodation will be provided to any accompanying spouse, child or children.
You can not work while on Study VISA in Brunei
The Brunei scholarship recipient is not permitted to undertake any paid employment or to serve on the staff of any country’s representative mission in Brunei Darussalam during the duration of the scholarship.
To apply for Brunei Government Darussalam Scholarship click on the official link below.
Please I am interested
Hi, I have read your information. I am ready and also praying to win a scholarship in your country and I will be proud to study in Brunei because it my dream…….
hi Please read the eligibility criteria and apply