Korean Government Scholarship Program (KGSP) 2021-2022 is now open for online applications. To provide international students with opportunities to conduct advanced studies in undergraduate & graduate programs at higher educational institutions in the Republic of Korea in order to promote international exchanges in education and mutual friendship between countries. Korean government scholarship is awarded for undergraduate, master’s, and Ph.D. students.
Korean Government Scholarship Benefits
- It will cover actual airfare.
- Korean government scholarship will provide resettlement allowance of KRW 200,000.
- Living Allowance of KRW 20,000.
- Medical insurance KRW 20,000 (per month).
- Language Courses KRW 800,000 per quarter.
- Tuition Fees Actual cost (No more than 5 million KRW per semester).
- Award for Excellent Korean Language Proficiency.
- Research Support KRW 210,000 – 240,000 (per semester).
- Printing Costs (Dissertation) KRW 500,000 -800,000.
- Completion Grant KRW 100,000 (Once).
Korean Government Scholarship Program Requirements
- Both an applicant and his/her parents must be citizens of their country of origin.
- Applicants should not hold Korean citizenship.
- Applicants should have adequate health, both mentally and physically, to stay in a foreign country for a long time.
- Should be under 25 years of age at the date of entrance. (Undergraduate).
- Should be under 40 years of age at the date of entrance. (Graduate).
- Have finished or be scheduled to finish formal education of all elementary, middle, high school courses by the date of arrival. (Undergraduate).
- Possess a grade point average (G.P.A.) above 80% from the last educational institution attended.
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree or a Master’s degree by the date of arrival. (Graduate).
- Applicants who have previously achieved in any undergraduate program, master’s program, or doctoral program in Korea cannot apply for this program.
- However, a former or current KGSP scholar who holds the overall grade of 90% or above can reapply to this program once either through the embassy or university track.
Korean Government Scholarship Application procedure
- NIIED invites the Korean Embassy in the invited country or a domestic university to recommend potential candidates.
- Applicants should submit all documents related to their scholarship application to the Korean Embassy in their country of residence to or the domestic university concerned.
- The Korean Embassy or the domestic university sends proper candidates to NIIED with the required documents.
- NIIED evaluates potential candidates and notifies the Korean Embassy of the final selected KGSP grantees.
Documents Required for Korean Government Scholarship
Following documents will be required for a Korean government scholarship:
- Highest Degrees.
- Highest transcripts.
- Recommendation letters.
- Personal statement for the master’s degree program.
- Study plan.
- Research proposal for Ph. D. degree program.
- Motivation letter for undergraduate program.
Application Deadline for the Korean Government Scholarship
The application deadline varies with the degree program and it is set by the Korean embassy in the respective country. in order to know the application date and last date of application you should consult the Korean embassy in your country. You can visit the official link of the Korean government scholarship for online application and other information.
Please click on the Official link below to apply.