The Facebook Fellowship Program 2022 is designed to support promising doctoral students who are engaged in innovative research related to computer science and engineering at an accredited university.
The fellowships are offered in computer science, computer engineering, or a related area. The winners of the fellowship are entitled to receive two years of study and fees, an annual stipend and conference travel aid.
Applications will be assessed on the basis of the strength of the student’s research statement, the publishing record and the letter of recommendation. The Facebook Fellowship Program is intended to encourage and assist promising doctoral scholars involved in innovative and applicable studies in fields relevant to computer science and engineering.
Who can Apply For Facebook Fellowship Program 2022?
Applications are open to all full-time Ph.D. students currently involved in ongoing research who are enrolled in an accredited university in any country. We encourage all people of diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply. Applications are evaluated based on the strength of the student’s research statement, publication record, and recommendation letters.
Benefits of the Fellowship Award
- Full Tuition fees
- A $42,000 annual stipend to cover living and conference travel costs
- A paid visit to Facebook headquarters for the annual Fellowship Summit
- Various opportunities to engage with Facebook researcher
Courses Offered in Facebook Fellowship
- Applied Statistics
- AR/VR Photonics and Optics
- Computational Social Science
- Computer Vision
- Compute Storage and Efficiency
- Distributed Systems
- Economics and Computation
- Hardware and Software Infrastructure for Machine Learning
- Machine Learning
- Natural Language Processing
- Networking and Connectivity
- Programming Languages
- Spoken Language Processing and Audio Classification
- UX/Instagram Well-being
- Research outside the above: relevant work in areas that may not align with the research priorities highlighted above.
Eligibility Criteria for Facebook Fellowship Program
- Applicants must be full-time Ph.D. students who are enrolled in an accredited university (in any country) by the start of the Fellowship (i.e., Fall 2021).
- Students must be involved in ongoing research related to one or more relevant disciplines (see available fellowships below)
- Students must remain enrolled full-time for the duration of the Fellowship to receive program benefits
- Students should not apply for Facebook Fellowships if they are actively being funded by Facebook through some other sponsorship or collaboration and/or if they are actively being supervised (or co-supervised) by a Facebook researcher. If in doubt, please email email@example.com.
Applications Must Include
- 500-word research summary that clearly identifies the area of focus, importance to the field, and applicability to Facebook of the anticipated research during the award (reference the available fellowships below)
- Two letters of recommendation, including one from an academic advisor. You will be asked to provide your references’ contact information, and they will receive a corresponding form to submit their letters.