The Maastricht University (UM) Holland-High Potential Scholarship programme offers 24 full scholarships of €29,000 (including tuition fee waiver and monthly stipend) each academic year for highly talented students from outside the European Union (EU) who have been admitted to a Master’s programme at UM.
The Scholarship programme consists of both the High Potential Scholarship (funded by the Maastricht University Scholarship Fund), and the Holland Scholarship, which is financed by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science in conjunction with Dutch universities and universities of applied sciences. It is aimed at international students from outside the EU/EEA who wish to follow a full degree programme in the Netherlands.
Eligible Criteria For Maastricht University (UM) Holland-High Potential Scholarship
- You hold nationality in a country outside the EU/EEA, Switzerland or Surinam and meet the requirements for obtaining an entry visa and residence permit for the Netherlands.
- You do not hold a double nationality from an EU/EEA country.
- You have applied for admission to a full-time Master’s programme at Maastricht University for the 2021-2022 academic year.
- You meet the specific admission requirements of the UM Master’s programme to which you have applied.
- You have never participated in a degree-seeking higher education programme in the Netherlands. Students who have completed exchange programmes in the Netherlands are welcome to apply.
- You are not older than 35 years of age on 1 September 2021.
- You have obtained excellent results during your prior education programmes, as demonstrated by your latest grade transcript or certified by academic excellence. If several applicants are equally qualified, UM will give preference to applicants whose academic transcript or certified letter of academic excellence demonstrate that they are among the top 5% of the 2021-2022 scholarship programme applicants.
Eligible Master’s Degree Programmes for UM scholarship
Please note that only the following Master’s programmes are eligible for the UM-Holland
High Potential Scholarship 2021-2022:
Faculty of Arts & Social Sciences
- MA Arts and Heritage: Policy, Management and Education
- MA European Public Affairs
- MA European Studies on Society, Science and Technology
- MA European Studies: spec. Europe in a Globalising World
- MA European Studies: spec. European Politics and International Relations
- MA European Studies: spec. European Public Policy and Administration
- MA Globalisation and Development Studies
- Research Master Cultures of Arts, Science and Technology
- Research Master European Studies
- MA Media Studies: Digital Cultures
Faculty of Law
- LLM European Law School: spec. European Law & Market Integration
- LLM European Law School: spec. European Public Law & Governance
- LLM European Law School: spec. General programme
- LLM Forensics, Criminology and Law
- LLM Globalisation and Law: spec. Corporate and Commercial Law
- LLM Globalisation and Law: spec. General programme
- LLM Globalisation and Law: spec. Human Rights
- LLM Globalisation and Law: spec. International Trade and Investment Law
- LLM International and European Tax Law: spec. International and European Tax Law
- LLM International and European Tax Law: spec. Customs and International Supply Chain
- LLM International and European Tax Law: spec. Tax and Technology
- LLM Advanced Master in Intellectual Property Law and Knowledge Management
- MSc Advanced Master in Intellectual Property Law and Knowledge Management
Faculty of Health, Medicine and Life Sciences
- MSc Biomedical Sciences
- MSc Epidemiology
- MSc Global Health
- MSc Governance and Leadership in European Public Health
- MSc Health Education and Promotion
- MSc Healthcare Policy, Innovation and Management
- MSc Human Movement Sciences: spec. Health and Rehabilitation
- MSc Human Movement Sciences: spec. Sports and Nutrition
- MSc Work, Health and Career
Faculty of Science and Engineering
MSc Artificial Intelligence
Faculty of Psychology & Neuroscience
- MSc Forensic Psychology
- MSc Psychology: spec. Cognitive Neuroscience
- MSc Psychology: spec. Development Psychology
- MSc Psychology: spec. Health and Social Psychology
- MSc Psychology: spec. Neuropsychology
- MSc Psychology: spec. Legal Psychology
- MSc Psychology: spec. Work and Organisational Psychology
- Research Master Cognitive and Clinical Neuroscience: spec. Cognitive Neuroscience
- Research Master Cognitive and Clinical Neuroscience: spec.
Drug Development and Neuro health
- Research Master Cognitive and Clinical Neuroscience: spec. Fundamental Neuroscience
- Research Master Cognitive and Clinical Neuroscience: spec. Neuropsychology
- Research Master Cognitive and Clinical Neuroscience: spec. Psychopathology
School of Business and Economics
- MSc Business Intelligence and Smart Services
- MSc Economics
- MSc Economics and Strategy in Emerging Markets
- MSc Financial Economics
- MSc IB/Entrepreneurship and SME Management
- MSc IB/Information Management and Business Intelligence
- MSc IB/Sustainable Finance
- MGSoG: MSc Public Policy and Human Development
- MSI: MSc Sustainability Science, Policy and Society
Documents required for the UM scholarship
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Letter Of Motivation
- Proof of Academic Excellence
- Contact details of One Referee
- Highest transcripts
- Recommendation Letters
- Register for a Master’s Programme
- Fill out the Application form
- Ask your referee to send a reference Letter
Deadline For UM scholarship
The deadline for applying is up to and including 1 February 2021.
Please visit the official site of the University to get thorough Details.
You can also apply for Cambridge Trust Scholarship