Following are 16 MCQs practice for Pakistan studies grade 12 students as per the rationalized syllabus announced by Aga Khan University Education Board. Once you have attempted the question, you could match your responses with the answer key provided in a link at the end.
Here you go,
1. The believers are but brothers, so make reconciliation between your brothers and fear Allah that you may receive mercy. (Surat al-Hjurat 49:10)
Which of the guiding principles of Islam are referred to in the above Aya?
D. Minority rights.
2. Gandhi adopted the policy of Satyagraha as a means of pressing for the territorial integrity of the Ottoman Empire as part of the Khilafat Movement. The term Satyagraha refers to;
A. Keeping silent over cruelty
B. Armed resistance to tyranny
C. Passive resistance to the illegal rule
D. Violent struggle against coercion.
3. British Government had sent Sir Stafford Cripps to India in 1942 to win local political support in their war efforts in return for a promise of __________after World War II.
A. independent united India with a strong center.
B. separate homeland to Muslims of Subcontinent
C. right of self-determination for princely states
D. an Indian Union with a loose federation and strong provinces.
4.Which of the following is an example of a violation of fundamental rights in Pakistan?
A. Snap checking by rangers in the month of Muharram
B. crackdown on people sheltering terrorists
C. temporary imposition of curfew during sectarian killings;
D. crackdown on internet bloggers for their critique over Government.
5. Islam was declared as the official religion of the state of Pakistan in;
A. Objectives Resolution 1949
B. 1956 Constitution of Pakistan
C. 1962 Constitution of Pakistan
D. 1973 Constitution of Pakistan.
6. Which of the following options is a similarity between the 1956 and 1973 constitutions of Pakistan?
A. Unicameral legislature
B. Parity of representation at the center
C. Urdu and Bengali would be National languages
D. Objective Resolution was kept as the preamble.
7. Pakistan’s first-ever Local Government System was introduced by Ayub Khan in 1962 which could not be sustained due to many reasons.
Which of the following was one of the demerits in Ayub’s Basic Democracies System?
A. Political system strengthened
B. Bureaucratic system strengthened
C. Increased economic focus and progress
D. Local government addressed local issues.
8. “O you who believe! When you deal with each other, in transactions involving future obligations in a fixed period of time, reduce them to writing. Let a scribe (copier) write down faithfully as between the parties…” (Quran, Al-Baqarah, Beginning of the Ayat, 2:282).
Identify the principle of the Islamic concept of good governance emphasized in the above Ayat.
8. Misuse of authority by public officials is one of the obstacles in the way of good governance in Pakistan.
What would you suggest to overcome this issue in Pakistan?
A. Depoliticize law enforcement institutions
B. Military should not interfere in politics
C. Recruit technically competent people for public offices.
D. Promote Public-private collaboration in different fields.
10. Bureaucrats, army officers, and businessmen had managed to buy the land and establish industries in the country as a result of land and industrial reforms. Who was responsible as a ruler for the emergence of this new class in Pakistan?
A. Ayub Khan
B. Zia ul Haq
C. Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto
D. General Pervez Musharaf.
11. Which of the following is a feature that differentiates Gross Domestic Product (GDP) from Gross National Product (GNP)?
A. wealth produced by the nationals out of the country is included
B. Wealth produced by nationals within the country is not considered
C. Wealth produced by foreigners within the country is considered
D. Wealth produced by the national within and outside the country is considered.
12. Teacher absenteeism in rural areas is one of the problems related to education in Pakistan. What remedy would you recommend for the government to counter this problem?
A. Increase the salaries of teachers
B. Provide stipend for students to attend the school
C. Professional development programs for the teachers
D. Surprise visits by officials to ensure teacher attendance.
13. Pakistan opted to align itself with the USA against USSR at the beginning of the 1950s.
What could be the reason for this foreign policy decision of Pakistan?
A. India had aligned itself with USSR
B. Ideological differences with USSR
C. USSR did not recognize Pakistan
D. USA was more powerful than USSR.
14. Sanctions were imposed on Pakistan by the USA in 1992 by enacting Pressler Amendment 1985. The supplies of arms including F-16 aircraft were not provided to Pakistan.
Pressler Amendment 1985 states that military or economic support will be discontinued to a country;
A. involved in terrorism
B. involved in making nuclear arsenals
C. with a military regime
D. unable to pay back the international debt.
15. When the world is influenced politically and economically by a single powerful state, the world is called a unipolar world.
Which of the following era best represents the unipolar world?
A. Pre World War II era (1919-1945)
B. Post world War II era (1945-1991)
C. Post USSR era (1991-2015)