The Skoll Scholarship MBA Program at University of Oxford-2022-2023
Oxford University Scholarship
The Skoll Scholarship MBA Program is a competitive scholarship for incoming MBA students who pursue entrepreneurial solutions for urgent social and environmental challenges. The Scholarship provides funding and exclusive opportunities to meet with world-renowned entrepreneurs, thought-leaders and investors.
The Skoll Scholarship provides full funding plus a living stipend to complete an MBA at the University of Oxford’s Saïd Business School for social entrepreneurs worldwide.
How to apply for Skoll Scholarship MBA Program
- Apply for the Oxford MBA programme directly to Saïd Business School. You’ll need to do this during stages 1,2, or 3 of the MBA admissions process for the 2021-22 academic year. See details below on applying for an MBA admissions fee waiver.
- Upload your answers to the Skoll Scholarship essay questions as part of your MBA application, and submit your MBA application! You’ll find the Scholarship essay questions under the “Funding” section of the MBA application. We would advise that you allow yourself about 1-weeks’ time to answer the Skoll Scholarship essay questions.
- The MBA Admissions Team will then assess your application to ensure you meet the academic requirements sought by the Saïd Business School and determine if you are accepted onto the MBA programme or not.
- If you’ve received confirmation that you have been accepted onto the MBA programme, keep an eye on your emails as the Skoll Centre will send you a link to the second part of the Scholarship application, which is a Logistics and Reference Form. See timelines below to know when to expect this email.
- Complete the Logistics and Reference Form. This consists of a series of short questions about you, how you heard about the Scholarship, your references, etc. Please note, your referees will not be contacted unless you get to the final stages of the selection process.
That’s it! The Skoll Centre will then consider your candidacy for the Scholarship and advise you accordingly.
Eligible Criteria for Skoll Scholarship MBA Program
1. Entrepreneurial action
- • You have identified opportunities and taken action in order to make positive social impact
- • You have spent preferably at least 3 years driving change through entrepreneurial approaches. For example, you could have:
- – Started or grown a social venture
- – OR led the expansion of a social impact initiative within an organization
- – OR been tackling a specific social/environmental issue, through a core thread that unites your work
2. Creating impact with a focus on systems change
- • You can demonstrate the outcomes and impact of your entrepreneurial action
- • Your impact addresses unjust systems and practice in your area of work
3. Personal qualities of a social entrepreneur
- • You are a force for positive change
- • You are single-minded and persistent, with a willingness to fail and start again
- • You have bias toward action
- • You have a tendency to explore your environment for opportunities and resources
- • You have a willingness to take personal, and sometimes financial, risks
- • You develop networks and leverage members to pursue mutual goals
- • You have apprenticed with the problem* or experienced the problem you are trying to solve
4. The Oxford MBA is critical to your career trajectory
- • You can demonstrate why business education is essential in helping to develop your work/impact at this stage
5. Financial need
- • You are in a position where the cost of the programme is a significant financial burden
- • You can demonstrate the need for the Scholarship (for example, due to previous work experiences or personal circumstances)
Deadline of the Skoll Scholarship
Apply for the Oxford Saïd MBA during stages 1, 2, or 3 (including submitting your Skoll Scholarship essays) by 11 September 2020, 30 October 2020, or 8 January 2021
Apply for the skoll scholarship program through its official link.
You can also apply for Harvard University MBA (HUM) Scholarship-2021-2022